Saturday, April 9, 2011

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

I'm am a big appreciator of fashion. I'm not always in the hottest current threads but I do love the art, the trend, and the uniqueness of personal style. In this fashion world, mistakes are made. I for one, and most people, unless you're just perfect, has made fashion faux pas more than you would care to admit. Unfortunately, I live in a town where fashion is over looked. This became very clear to me today when I was at the park with my daughter. One of the first nice days we've had since the year has begun, most people in this suburban town of mine flocked outside to enjoy the weather. Sad to say unlike the temperature their assembles was not as pleasant. I encountered not mistakes but straight up disasters in the recreational region. I took into consideration that yes, a park is not a place to bust out your Sunday best, but stepping outside to go anywhere should at least be a reason to think about the article of clothing that you have chosen to display on your body. I had left my phone in the car, but had I known of the tragedies that I was going to witness I would have taken some photos of the ungodly sites. From sweatpants that don't fit, baggy and way too tight, to stone wash jeans with a matching stone wash button down shirt which was top off with Birkenstocks, I saw most of the fashion mistakes that could be made. Seriously, what were you thinking? I've been wanting to write a blog for some time now but couldn't really figure out how to begin and what direction I wanted to head towards, but it is clear now what my mission is. To help the clueless, and when necessary to praise the beauty. In the entries to follow, my goal is to relay the current trends, showcase the do's and don'ts, and highlight the risk takers, along with of course pictures to enhance my credibility.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, this is soooooo true! I live in the city and when you drive down the street all you see is women with tight *ss jeans, muffin tops hanging out or seriously overweight women wearing belly shirts. I just don't understand why they think it's okay to wear that.!

    ReplyDelete